Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

While I did not watch even 30 seconds of the Super Bowl, or its infamous halftime show, I did hear that Prince's performance was pretty cool. Now, bloggers are claiming that his shadowy performance of his hit "Purple Rain" contained phalic symbolism.

Give me a break!

I totally agree with NFL spokesman Greg Aiello: "We respect other opinions, but it takes quite a leap of the imagination to make a controversy of his performance. It's a guitar."

Folks??? Get a grip!!! (OK. Don't let anyone see you do it. Especially not when backlit behind a white sheet.)

1 comment:

RaineS said...

I saw the half time show. I thought Prince was a shadow of his former self. However, I agree with the "phallic symbolism" comment -- it was pretty blatant, and there was no other reason for the sheeting, except to cast a silhouette...