Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Next steps

So, I talked to my doctor today. The next step is to have an MRI. They're going to call me tomorrow to let me know the time they were able to get for me.

In the mean time, I also had a PT appointment. My therapist said that it would probably be better if I continued my exercises on my own until after the MRI came back.

Everyone seems to be leaning towards the surgery option. Part of me wants that to be the answer. For some people, surgery is the answer. For some, it is a futile straw that they grab at. For a few, it is a horrible mistake that makes things worse.

Years of PT haven't really done me much good. However, I have discovered that I feel better if I am doing my exercises than if I am ignoring them. Unfortunatley, the exercises haven't resolved the underlying instability issues with my misaligned spine.

I'm sure the story will unfold in interesting ways. (A reminder of the Chinese curse seems appropriate here: "May you live in interesting times.")

1 comment:

RaineS said...

Good luck with the MRI, and don't reject surgery as an option. For some things, it really IS the only or best answer.