Monday, September 24, 2012

My muddled mind

In the last year I have become more and more fatigued.  No amount of sleep ever seems to be enough to keep me from being sleepy, or sometimes even nodding off, during the day.  In the last few months, I have found myself being able to remember things.  Mostly it's just the names of things or the names of people.  However, as someone who has always had a great memory for details this turn of events scares the crap out of me.  I am hoping that this is just a side effect of the fatigue and not a symptom all on it's own.  However, memory loss and mind fog are symptoms mentioned on the long list of those associated with Lyme.

In either case, stopping the progression of Lyme should help with both the fatigue and any other neurological issues.  My fear is that some of my symptoms could be permanent.  There's been mention that even if we nip the Lyme progression in the bud, I could still be saddled with the symptoms of Fibromyalgia (which sound an awful lot like Lyme symptoms).  The thinking is that while lots of Fibromyalgia is actually Lyme, people who have had Lyme for a long time may end up with Fibromyalgia even after the spirochetes have been eradicated.

No comments: