Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Woman Warns Of Laptop Dangers - Yahoo! News

People are just stupid!

A local TV station reported that a mother wants to see more obvious warnings on laptops, perhaps in the start-up software, that warn users of the dangers of laptop use. Apparently, the woman's daughter suffered third degree burns from her laptop's AC adapter when she fell asleep on her bed while studying. The woman argues that the warnings on the equipment and in the manuals are not obvious enough and that people don't read the manuals any way.

I'm sorry folks, but GIVE ME A BREAK!!! How many times do you have to use a laptop to realize that the machine itself gets hot and that the transformer can also get pretty warm? Are most people just really unobservant?

And, another thing. I know people don't really read manuals or warning labels (think about cigarettes and OTC medicine warnings). But, it has been my experience, that people also don't read notices that pop-up on their computers. In addition, do we really want to load yet another annoying and taxing piece of code onto are already overburdened Microsoft Windows machines? I don't think so.

I am sorry that this girl was burned by her laptop transformer. However, I think her mother needs to get over it. Maybe she should head over to McDonald's drive-thru for a nice HOT cup of coffee to think it over.

2 comments:

David said...

How about a simple warning sticker slapped on all infants: "Highly Fragile, treat with care, do not expose to any dangerous items."

SylverSfynx said...

Well, David...computers aren't exactly dangerous to the first degree anyway.
It seemed like an accident to me, don't be too harsh of the mother, they're always too overprotective anyway.
Then again on the other hand. Jeez,laptops overhead when put on a nice platform where air can get to the fans, let alone on the blinkin' bed, come on! and everyone falls asleep studying, especially if you're on the bed!