Sunday, October 15, 2006

Training and relaxing

I'm about to head out the door for five days worth of training on a piece of software that I will be responsible for at work very shortly. We all know how much I love air travel, so the coming and going will not be pleasant for me.

While I will miss my family, I am looking forward to some alone time in the evenings. I have loaded up my mp3 player with several intriguing audio programs from Audible. I may do some actual reading and some writing (taking my pseudo laptop with me). Also, I plan to have dinner with a couple of friends who live (relatively) close to the hotel I'll be staying at. I wish I had more time to visit with all the people that I know in the area, but most don't live THAT close and I only have a few hours each evening. Besides, I'm also looking forward to making use of the hotel's fitness facility in the evenings as well.

I hope to check back in here next weekend with a trip report, and maybe some reviews of the audio programs I manage to get through.

No comments: