Sunday, June 03, 2007

Spring cleaning is VERY liberating

I have spent the last two weekends going through unpacked 'stuff' (read: junk) in my basement. The ultimate goal is to divest ourselves of a large chunk of it to lighten the material burden in our lives AND to make room in the dreaded basement for a crafting space, which I have so desperately longed for.

We have made great progress. Though, we still have a ways to go. A large portion of the 'cast off goods' have entered the realm of dumpster denizen-hood. Transient items intended for our church yard sale, are congregating at the far end of the basement waiting for their day of transit (in about 10 days, I think).

I can actually walk around the whole of my basement now. The space that I want to use for crafting is nearly clear. Since the closest wall is unfinished concrete, I have gotten my husband to agree to let me embellish the surface with some psychedelic paint. He eventually plans to finish the wall with real drywall and such. Until then, I think it's only fair that I get to have a little fun with it. He has relented. So, soon, the first big craft project will begin: painting florescent stripes across a large section of basement wall.

Perhaps I'll post a picture of THAT project once there is something to see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Before and after photos, please!

Kitten Herder said...

Sadly, I did not take a 'before' photo. I think my camera would have broken. :>

Maybe I'll take an interim shot, since we're only about 70% done with the short-term project. Then I'll take another when my craft space is set up and the 'junk' has left the premises.