Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What does this say about us?

On Christmas night, my husband and I decided to go out to see the new "Alien verses Predator" flick. Unfortunately, for us, we waited until just before the movie started. The theater parking lot was FULL. We waited in line for about five minutes. When we got to the front we were informed that the 7:30 show was sold out.

OK. We were part of the problem, but what does this say about our society? It's Christmas night. There's nothing open ... except for the movie theaters. So, of course their packed!

Are we compelled to go out and about? Can we not sit at home and merely enjoy the company of our families, for just one night a year?

I was fully prepared to turn around and go home. My husband suggested that we see one of the other flicks that hadn't (yet) sold out. I vetoed that in favor of finally watching our family's twisted holiday classic: "The Ref"

Now THAT'S family bonding.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Nothing wrong with going to the movies on Christmas. I might do it if I wasn't so dang exhausted.

barbie2be said...

i went out on christmas eve with my niece, as is our tradition. we first saw national treasure: book of secrets, then we had dinner. after dinner we walked back over to the theaters and were two of only three people in the theater for a 7:30 showing of i am legend which is an awesome film. will smith is HOT!