Thursday, November 22, 2012

Vegan Thanksgiving

Since I'm trying to be kind to my liver while I pump it full of even more supplements this week, I'm eating vegan, and avoiding processed foods as much as possible on top of that. That means that a lot of my traditional Thanksgiving foods will be missing today. So, I'm trying to make some foods that are interesting or treat-worthy. I plan on making a variety of things that I can munch on for the next couple of days, just like a 'normal' Thanksgiving.
  • Cranberry Sauce (I will be using some raw sugar to help thicken/set it)
  • Roasted Squash w/Cardamom
  • Roasted Brussel Sprouts
  • Salad
  • Chantarelle Mushrooms, sauteed with garlic, parsley, and onions in butter (Must be 'butter', after all these are Chantarelles!)
  • Red beans and red rice, Caribbean style (except that I'm using red rice)
Another tradition that I hope to indulge in is not food related. This morning I'm going to try to tune in on the Macy's parade, even though TV reception here is tough. Then, while I have my dinner I'm going to watch "Dan in Real Life" and/or "Pieces of April". Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: