Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What's a vast?

The work day was nearly over when I found out that today was International Talk Like A Pirate Day. Did you know that avast means to start or stop an activity? Vast isn't a noun, so my title is rhetorical and silly.

In other pirate news, the Pirate Party in Sweeden failed to get enough votes to get a Parliament seat, or even enough to get financial assistance for their election costs. I wonder if there is a Pirate Party in the U.S. That's the kind of politics I could get behind: honest, in your face, no holds barred thievery and skullduggery.



My pirate name is:


Bloody Morgan Bonney



Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network

2 comments:

RaineS said...

AARRRR. You can call me Captain. Captain Morgan Flint, at yur service....

Anonymous said...

There are pirate parties in the US and other countries.