Monday, December 25, 2006

Fat Monday

It doesn't seem fair that I only got a three day weekend off for Christmas. My husband and son both have the entire week. (Pardon me for a moment, but, "Whaaa!!!")

Other than that quibble, I had a fine holiday. Oddly enough, I found myself at church twice on Christmas Eve. Considering my extremely a-religious past, and continuing agnostic beliefs, I find that fact VERY amusing. The morning service topic was of interest to me: "Why we celebrate" (for Unitarian Universalists, it is quite an engaging topic). We went to the evening service as a family, largely because the Religious Education Director requested my son's assistance for the service. Also, my husband is head of the building committee, and the furnace decided to dysfunction just before the first evening service.

In other news, I have been eating like there's no tomorrow. I need to put myself on a raw fruit & veggies diet for the rest of the week, I think. I have a weigh in at the gym, and I need to make sure I stay under my three pound maximum weight gain for the holidays. Not only could I lose my $10 ante, but I'd forfeit some of my self respect after fighting so hard to lose all the weight in the last year.

I would REALLY like to hit the 1/2/07 anniversary of my diet at 55 lbs less than when I started. (Heck, I'd be ecstatic if I could see 60 lbs down, but I'd have to go on a strict WATER-only diet between now and then to meet that goal.) I wonder if I should hit gym twice a day until then!

Wish me luck!

No comments: