Saturday, March 21, 2009

Laid back but tiring day

Let's consider this evening's blog post to be a compilation of all the Twitter posts that I was too busy/distracted to make today.

This morning. Got up around 8 a.m. (very decadent of me). However, due to chronic pain issues, staying abed that late is never a good idea. It took me about three hours to lubricate my joints enough to be somewhat functional. Over the course of the morning, I caught up my financial records in Quicken, attempted to program my new Logitech universal remote control, and finished burning "Pebble in the Sky" to CD so I can listen to that during my commute next week.

After I got my aches and pains calmed down, I wandered down to the basement for a 45 minute stint on the bicycle. Took a shower, and then went out to lunch with Goblin. After lunch we went to see the new Nicholas Cage movie, "Knowing". In short: interesting, good, and way weird. After the movie we went off to do our weekly grocery shopping at the super Walmart. We picked up the DVD of Twilight and U2's new CD while we were there, along with a few cheap t-shirts. The diversity of retail therapy options is one of the reasons I like doing our grocery shopping at the evil W-empire.

When we got home, we had a nice little dinner while watching the final episode of Battlestar Galactica. No spoilers here, but ... pretty nice shutdown. I may actually have to get all the DVDs now.

I still have some major items on my weekend 'to do' list. Hopefully, I can attack them productively tomorrow.

No comments: