Thursday, June 29, 2006

Theories, lies, and bull

I recently ordered a copy of On Bullshit by Harry G. Frankfurt. I have someone in my professional life that has taken bullshit to heights I have never before witnessed. The person is so delusional that I suspect that they don't even realize when they're lying any more. Over the years, this person has posited a number of 'theories' that have been self-dazzling, but also utter crap.

I recently ran across an old email that I sent to the person, where I ribbed them about their propensity for having a theory on everything. I nearly fell out of my chair when I happened upon the email with the quote:


This is the theory that Jack built.
This is the flaw that lay in the theory that Jack built.
This is the palpable verbal haze that hid the flaw that lay in...


Good times!

No comments: