Friday, August 29, 2008

Mixed days

I am all things to all people at work. Plus we've seen a massive spike in systems exposed to malware this week. My boss has been great. He's terribly overburdened himself, but he totally realizes that I'm wearing too many hats. So, today I told him about 'the interview'. He totally gets my need for an environment that is supportive to professional development. He said that he's trying to get his management to drink that Kool Aid. He also has put in for at least one new person on our team, and possibly two.

He asked me what role I would least mind giving up primary responsibility for if we got another senior level person. Today, I said that I really didn't care, but to please take something! I like all the things that I do. There really is just too much to do and not enough hours in the day. And, no one with enough experience to delegate things to.

In theory, I had off on Monday as a comp day for last weekend. And then, I was supposed to take leave yesterday afternoon. When I added up my hours this morning for my weekly status report, I realized that I didn't have to take vacation time. I had worked enough hours last weekend and half of Monday and a few hours extra each day. So, I'd gone way over 40 already. Someday, I'll have a massive vacation available? (Right? HA!)

I've put on fifteen pounds since Xmas due to self-indulgence in response to stress. I want it gone by this Xmas. Somehow, I need to get enough control of my life overall so that I can exert some control over my caloric weaknesses. When you're a foody who is stressing, you really cannot fathom a low-carb, low-fat, life style (nor a low alchohol one).

No comments: