Monday, April 10, 2006

Queue the music

I'm thinking "Taps" might be appropriate.

Huge, huge, bummer. The hospital job was mine, but at a base salary that I couldn't afford to take at this point. I'm more than a little disappointed about the situation. When asked about money, I was pretty clear what I needed to move forward. Unfortunately, I don't think they were honest with themselves, much less me. And then, the other thing is that they are categorizing the position as being at the same salary level as a senior windows network administrator. I don't see how that equates with the person responsible for the entire organization's data security, writing policies & procedures, running risk analyses, and developing and implementing a security awareness program.

So, I need to get my head back in the hunting game (right after I go home and wallow in self pity for a few hours).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wallow away, but with a caveat. You must say "Hooray!!!! I got the job!! I'm just that good!" At least once during your wallow-fest. It's required.