Thursday, January 18, 2007

Brain-dead nation?

I have a confession. My family and I love ONE reality-based TV show: "Beauty and the Geek". I am ashamed. Truly.

However, I am more ashamed that this nation as a whole seems addicted to reality-based TV. This horrid fact was brought home to me as I caught the following headline: Did Anybody Not Watch American Idol?

Apparently 15% of the entire nation (no, not just the entire viewing population, but the entire nation) watched the season premiere of this show this week. Say it isn't so! (I have even heard it said that more people participated in last season's final contestant voting than in our last Presidential election.)

What does this say about the human race if this is how 41 MILLION members of "The Greatest Nation On Earth" chose to spend their Tuesday evening? Explains alot if you ask me.

Beam me up, Scotty???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Alright Miss grammatical manners. You can't post a "why can't they edit" screed on one day and then use "alot" on the next. Buzz, please try again...
:)

Kitten Herder said...

OK. Here's a reminder of a disclaimer made in the referenced post:

"While I do not claim to be an authority on the proper grammar, spelling, and usage of the English languag"

So ... Ninny, ninny, boo, boo!