Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Law of the Dead, Complete With Squeaky Toy


From the annals of "You Can't Make This Crap Up", the title of this post is an actual quote from a toy description on Amazon. My husband got me a plush Cthulu wearing a Santa hat, as a joke, for Christmas. We decided to see if Amazon carried the toy. When we went searching for it, low and behold, we found Necronomicon Plush Book (pre-school edition). The title alone stopped us dead in our tracks and had us roaring with laughter. But it got better when we read the description:


  • The law of the dead complete with squeaky toy! This faithful plush adaptation of the Necronomicon is modified for a slightly younger audience. (hrm ... how does that work? Slightly less carnage? The things in the wall sing nursery rhymes?)
  • It features a squeaker and a gloved hand for rolling human bones! (That's right folks, you don't want the kiddies thinking that its o.k. to touch the bones with bare hands.)
  • This extreme high quality, collectible plush 'book,' has detailed and interactive features on 6 different pages, 4 inside plus the front and back covers. (INTERACTIVE? What? Do grasping tentacles reach out from the book and try to pull your child in?)


Unfortunately, there is no picture on Amazon. However, I was able to find one on another site. Thank you Entertainment Earth

4 comments:

briwei said...

That's too much! I want one! ;-)

I also like the Entertainment Earth page. Just below the larger picture is the following:

Related Products:
Hasbro My Little Pony Plush My Little Pony So Soft Newborns Wave 1

Yeah. My Little Pony and The Book of the Dead have soooooo much in common.

briwei said...

Noticed another amusement in your post. Intentional pun?

From the anals of "You Can't Make This Crap Up"

Kitten Herder said...

Oh my stars! Who knew.

In my mind, there IS an odd sort of relationship between the Necrominicon and "My Little Pony". There needs to be a chapter in The Book about eliminating such cutesy toys from this plane of existance.

Kitten Herder said...

as to the "anals" typo. very funny, and totally unintentional. I therefore HAD to correct it.

Remember, I have a double-constant spelling dysfunction.