Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Challenge met

I had until the end of the week to weigh in for the gym's "Maintain Don't Gain" challenge. A week before Thanksgiving, every participant put up $10 and weighed in. The goal was to not gain more than three pounds by the end of this week. To keep us motivated and on track, we weighed in every week. If you gained more than three pounds by the end of this week, you lost your $10. If you didn't gain more than that, you got your original $10 back. If you ended up being the biggest loser, you got the pot of money forfeited by other people.

At one point I was down two pounds from the start. I decided to do my final weigh in today. I knew I was up a bit, but I also knew that I was within the three pound limit. I'd given up on being the biggest loser weeks ago as I gave in to the ocassional holiday treat and even baked some treats myself.

The final tally: up by 1.6 pounds since the beginning of the challenge. However, I'm still down just over 50 pounds since a year ago yesterday. While I wish it were more, I have kept the weight off for many months at this point without creeping back up. In my mind that means: I WIN!

1 comment:

briwei said...

You sure do win! And you looked great over the holidays when I saw you. Keep up the good work! Your heart will thank you for it.