Friday, February 22, 2008

A better implementation of my consolation prize

Taking Briwei's comments to heart, I started shopping for alternative ways to copy my vinyl music and cassette programs to CDs. After a bit of research, I decided to look into straight up CD recording audio components that you add to your existing stereo system. After all, I already have a turntable; I just rarely make the effort to utilize it.

My research lead me to the TEAC CD-RW880. For the most part, the reviewers liked it with only two minor (in my mind) quibbles. First, if you want track breaks on the CD, don't trust the automatic track break feature of the recorder. Silence within a track can be interpreted as a track break. Second, the set up instructions may be a bit daunting. Since that sentiment has applied to virtually every electronic component we have ever purchased, I'm not overly put off by that consensus.

The added bonus in going with the Teac component, is that it costs about $140 less than the Crossley. Hooray!

Now, I just have to wait for my tax refund to come in.

No comments: