Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy Frigid New Year



The picture above is from a news story on Yahoo about the freezing temperatures. The bird reminded me of the mechanical bird we got for Christmas. She looks about as happy as I feel about the recent weather trends.

We've been in the single digits for the last couple of days, after another 5-7 inches of snow and high winds. I have to keep reminding myself why we moved to NH. I really don't like cold weather. However, I hate heat and humidity much more.

Only four more months until spring creeps into New England! (Oh, and until I go on my London/Paris trip!)

2 comments:

RaineS said...

lovely pic! I don't know how you handle the NH winters -- I'd have to drink heavily, and never go outdoors.

Summer said...

Here in Rochester, NY we are so tired of snow and cold already and winter in just a newborn. It wouldn't be so bad if we could see the sun once in a while. Going to Florida to visit parents in February and may not return she says in jest. Keep thinking of your trip to get you through the winter.