Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yet another winter update - reading distractions

So, tomorrow, our temperatures will be going into the negative digits! Today was bad enough. Tomorrow, I plan on wearing leggings under my jeans.

Oh, and it might even snow... Gee, maybe it'll be too cold for snow!

On the reading front, I just finished listening to book 3 in Stephanie Meyer's Twilight saga. I had one more to go, but I am also committed to completing Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" before January 27th. So, on Monday, I started "A New Earth". I got about halfway into the second CD on the way home. It's not bad, it's just not compelling. AND, it's not what I want to listen to.

On Tuesday, I started book 4 of the Twilight series. Maybe I'll be good and try to get through another CD or two of "A New Earth" before the 27th. However, my book group has no requirement that you actually read the book to show up to the discussions. I do lead the book group, so it might be bad form for ME not to have completed the book. On the other hand, I usually do. Also, when this choice was offered up I did not find the idea compelling. However, I smiled and agreed. My choices usually win out. It's only fair that we occasionally read other people's suggestions.

Next month we're reading Ellison's "The Invisible Man" in honor of our new President. I plan to offer up either "The Soloist" or "People of the Book" as our March selections. Let's see where that goes.

1 comment:

barbie2be said...

my roommate gave me a magnet for christmas that i think you and your book club would get a kick out of.

do a google search on bad girls book club.