Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Failing again

OK. Apparently, I am incapable of posting to my blog every day. I was hoping that committing to doing so would help distract me from the turmoil of my home life. Turns out that almost nothing is distracting enough for that at this point.

What does distract me, at least briefly? Organizing my new room. I've moved into the attic bedroom that my son used to occupy. He moved into the newly finished basement.

I try to do a little something every evening after work. In addition to generally organizing the room, I'm creating and organizing a significant collection of media files so that I can be easily entertained up her in my dark tower. Between things I've grabbed via TiVo and DVD's that I've ripped to my iMac I have around a hundred movies and a hundred episodes of television programs that I like. On top of that I have access to streaming via Netflix and Hulu. I'm also amassing a bit of a video library via Amazon.

While this may seem like a small thing, I really like zoning out to video entertainment. And, right now, I could use all the relaxing I can grab.

No comments: