Saturday, July 03, 2010

Feeling virtuous, but not green

I am in the process of tossing a lot of stuff from my house. Some of the stuff is still quite usable (bookcases, lumber). The 'green' thing to do would be to put ads on Freecycle or Craigslist. Instead, I am having a junk removal service come and take it to the dump.

I do feel guilty about this. However, I did already Freecycle a lot of stuff in the last six months. I just can't mentally manage the process any longer right now. I need to declutter my house, particularly the attic room I'm moving into.

I hope Mother Earth can forgive me. I plan on lessening my impact on the Earth significantly in this next year or so. I am on a very tight budget, so I won't be buying frivolous things or wasting the utilities absently. I know that I'll be the happier for both as well.

There is much I can do to amuse myself that costs very little once my new room situation is completely settled.

No comments: