Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Illness, sloth, and cabin fever

Last week, B and K stayed home sick several days. Since starting this diet, I have been on MEGA vitamins. So, I had hoped that I would avoid the scourge. Oh, well.

The timing of my decline into illness was fairly good for a change. I had my first class of the semester on Saturday morning, which I did not want to miss. I had my fingers crossed that I would stay healthy at least through Saturday morning. While I had a slight tickle in my throat that morning, I wasn't really ill. I got my newsletter article in for the church bulletin on Saturday afternoon. (OK, those of you who have known me a long time, enjoy the belly laugh on that one.) Other than that, I had no real commitments over the weekend. So, when I woke up with a really sore throat on Sunday I accepted my plight somewhat stoically. It was simply my turn.

Is my turn over yet? OK. I really didn't mind staying home yesterday. We got eight inches of snow. I did a little work here and there throughout the day (more in the evening). But, mostly I lounged about. I woke up at 3 am and was unable to get back to sleep, so I worked a few hours, then went back to bed for a few more hours. Got up. Worked a bit. Then I lounged about sipping soup and watching true crime shows on A&E. HELP!!!

I'm too tired and foggy to engage in much mentally. However, I'm too achy to go back to sleep. I made a mess in the kitchen, but I really don't feel like cleaning up right now. (Is there a "WHINE" tag in HTML?) So, I challenged myself to at least blog for a bit. Anything to avoid another senseless hour in front of the television.

I plan on resting as much as possible today and taking extra vitamin C. I do not want to be home again tomorrow. It'd be ok to go to work for a while, and come home and sleep. But, I have to get out of here. I fear that if I am here tomorrow I will find myself watching Jerry Springer, or someone equally depressing.

No comments: