Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bad days at work lead to irrational thoughts

Everyone has had one of those days at the office where they fantasized about THE exit. Sometimes THE exit involves winning the lottery and telling your supervisor to go screw herself. Sometimes THE exit involves stumbling on that perfect job that is ten minutes from your house, getting it, and THEN telling your boss to go screw herself. Sometimes the fantasy isn't about THE exit at all. Sometimes it's about seeing your pain-in-the-butt boss finally getting called on the carpet for all of her egocentric dysfunctional disorganized non-productive behavior, and getting the demotion she royally deserves. Sometimes you merely have this fantasy of restless natives kidnapping your boss and boiling her in oil while offering you appetizers.

Sadly, I had one of those REALLY crappy days, and none of those fantasies occurred. My psycho boss, who has been behaving herself for months, chastised me in front of seven other people today for not doing my job (um ... inaccurate) while whining about how much stress she is under (unprofessional). She then later mentioned to me that if she seemed stressed over the next few weeks and said things that seemed harsh that I shouldn't take them personally.

Heh. Yeah. Sure. (I didn't say it. But I thought it: "Bite me")

I bought liquor and lottery tickets on the way home. Go figure.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Cool Blog
Pete

briwei said...

I wonder if bad bosses get a cut from the lottery commission...