Thursday, July 19, 2007

Quack!

The latest thinking on my back issues from my physical therapist is that I am apparently A Duck. (grin)

My external rotation far exceeds my internal rotation (at my hips). This is why I find crossing my legs, sitting Indian style, and tucking my foot under my butt on a chair, to be more comfortable than putting my feet flat on the floor. I also have a tendency to stand with my toes pointing out. quack

He is encouraging me to do some different exercises. But, my primary homework for this week is to try to stand with my feet less splayed outward. He doesn't want me to try to stand with my feet absolutely parallel at this point. He thinks it would cause my body to rebel. Plus, he doesn't think that I could actually pull it off for very long.

Maybe my duckishness partly explains my propensity for waddling when I walk. Or maybe that's just my oversized bum? (hee. hee.)

1 comment:

briwei said...

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...