Sunday, June 29, 2008

And, we're off ...

Friday at work was very busy. I got the budget proposal out that Confused N was after me about. I didn't do as good of a job on it as I could have (in my opinion and in the opinion of the well-meaning/over-achieving/business-minded co-worker who helped me fluff the thing up a great deal). However, it was ten times better (read: longer and with more pictures and tables) than the first draft. So N was thrilled. She even sent me a 'thank you for the great effort under the gun' email, cc'ing the whole team.

Yeah ... whatever. So long as she leaves me in peace for a few days after I get back.

We leave for our vacation in a few hours. We're dropping off Grendel at my sister-in-law's house, where he'll be for the next two months. Then, we're going to CT to play tourist (and to gamble a little at Mohegan Sun). On Tuesday we'll head back to RI to hang with the family for a bit. We plan on reading, relaxing, going to a few movies, and generally doing jack sh*t (courtesy of "The Sweet Potato Queens). We'll head back home, sans Grendel, on Saturday.

See you all next weekend. Maybe I'll have pictures.

No comments: