Sunday, August 13, 2006

Fifty!

I am officially down fifty pounds since the beginning of the year! This means that I weigh less now than I have in over 13 years. I also weigh less than my husband for the first time in that span. He's put on about ten pounds since our son was born. (big deal) My ultimate goal is to lose about another twenty. That'd put me slightly below where I was before getting pregnant, which would still be a good fifteen pounds over the recommended weight for my height I think. However, I know what's workable for me, and that's about as far as I can go and maintain it.

On Friday, I have an appointment with one of the personal trainers at the gym. I am ready to start working on my abs, pecs, glutes, and triceps. I am hoping that working on my core strength will help alleviate my chronic back pain, as well as help with my ultimate weight loss goal.

I bought myself a new bathing suit this week. Most women would not be proud to parade around in a one-piece size 16 swimsuit. I, however, am thrilled. Only time will tell, but maybe next summer I'll be willing to pour myself into a bikini! (Doubt it, but stranger things have happened.)

2 comments:

darling said...

Congratulations on all your work to get where you are!! :) I hope things continue well for you.

Keep up the good work! :)

briwei said...

Swwet! Keep it going. Can't wait to see the new you!