Monday, August 14, 2006

Need for approval satisfied

I have been at my new job for three weeks. I have gotten a few minor thank you's from my boss (and hers). But today, I got a BIG thank you, since I provided some examples of why something needed to change (something that my boss had been trying to get changed for a while).

It's very very sad, but I live for that kind of approval. I know exactly where it comes from. (I could easily lie down on the couch and tell you about my mother - yes, really.) And, while I've known this about myself for several decades it doesn't stop me from hungering for the approval of others, particularly others who are in some sort of position of authority over me.

I wonder what neurosis I'm nurturing in my son.

1 comment:

briwei said...

Why worry? Just ask his therapist in 20 years. *grin*