Thursday, January 03, 2008

New episodes?

Either by happenstance, or frugal planning, several of our TV shows will be airing new episodes in the next two weeks (my TiVo subscription list lets me know these things). Tonight and next week, we get fresh ER (though this season has kind of sucked ... any port in a storm, I guess). Looks like we'll also be getting teen-oriented shows "Kyle XY" and "One Tree Hill". And ... "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles"

I sympathize with the writers 100%. There's plenty of stuff on television to entertain us, if we are truly bored. Also, we are big into movies. I keep hoping that as viewership drops off that the sponsors will pressure the studios to negotiate. As production companies find new ways to make a buck off their shows, why shouldn't the writers (the actual creative forces behind most shows) get a share from the new venues?

Rock on folks!

No comments: