Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Shut up and drive

I ventured out this afternoon, after our latest minor snow storm, to run some errands. The sun had cleared the frost off most of my neighbors' car windows, though I had diligently cleaned my car earlier in the day. While stopped at a traffic light I noticed a car stopped coming from the other direction. The driver had scraped less than a third of the frost from her windshield. After the light changed, I took a quick glance towards the passing driving to see what someone that dumb looks like. I received further proof that you should never underestimate the power of human stupidity. The car was being driven by a twenty-something woman who was gabbing away on her cell phone as she pulled away from the traffic light (with less than one third visibility out her windshield).

Where, or where, are the police when you want them?

Well, I'll take solice in the fact that, according to a recently published study, she was probablydriving slower than the rest of the cars on the road.

No comments: