While part of me finds New Year's resolutions to be trite and pointless, I am in the mood for some 'life improvement'. The following is my list of good intentions for the New Year:
- Apply for a passport (No, I've never had one; and, my brother is moving to Paris for three years. So, now is the time.)
- Write in my actual paper journal every day, even if the entry is perfunctory.
- Eat yogurt every day.
- Give up white (fiber-less/processed) carbohydrates.
- Make every other day a near-vegan day (yogurt being the only animal product allowed).
- Don't shovel snow unless there is no one else in the house and it is critical for you to go out.
And here's the toughest one of all:
- Be kinder to myself. (I am my biggest critic.)
Let's see how long it takes me to break down on these.
Anyone else giving into the tradition of making a list of annoying directives governing one's own behavior?