Saturday, January 05, 2008

The unoffical end of the holidays

My sister-in-law and her family drove up today for a post-holiday visit. The kids got presents. Everyone snacked. We watched a couple of videos (mind-numbing background for the chaos of small children). It was relaxing.

We left our holiday tree up especially for their visit. Tomorrow, it comes down, which will unofficially mark the end of our holiday season.

On the other hand, I am still making holiday cards (in preparation for next year). And, I get my best gift of the season on the 16th: my boss's last day with our organization.

This past week was a bit stressful at work, so I already broke several New Year's resolutions. However, since the holidays 'unofficially' stretched through this weekend, I plan to re-commit myself to the resolutions tomorrow. After all, each day offers us another chance to start our lives anew, right???

2 comments:

Summer said...

So true. Don't fret over the past and things that you didn't do or get done.Everyday is a new day with a new chance to make a difference for yourself or someone else.

briwei said...

You can recommit yourself to a resolution any time you want. For some reason, we tend to resolve things on beginnings. The beginning of the year, month, week, etc. I wonder why we do that. But I say, buck the trend!