Friday, July 21, 2006

Back update, and the end of relaxation

The trigger point injections yesterday went well. I was EXTREMELY nervous about them, but I expected to be. They weren't too uncomfortable, and the process was over rather quickly. Dr Pho wants me to come back for a second series in two weeks. I want to as well, but I have to see how the bureaucracy of getting my new insurance set up plays out. He said to call as soon as I have it worked out.

During the meanwhile, I have been arguing with one of my old health benefit providers about some reimbursement issues. This has had a very negative impact on my recently acquired serenity. It took me three calls to them to find out that the reimbursement account credit card gets deactivated upon employment termination, even if you are transitioning to COBRA. They'll still process claim forms for you, but they deactivate the credit card. My Human Resources Director at my old job said that this sounds wrong. So, she is finally taking up the task of discussing the issue with them. Since four other people have left the company since my resignation, the issue is totally germane.

On Wednesday, I had lunch with some folks who are still with my old company. Nothing has changed. I didn't think it would. Part of the reason I wanted out is that I knew things would NEVER change, until the company gets bought by someone else or goes under completely. In any event, the stories they filled me in on just got me all fired up again. They laughed and reminded me that I shouldn't let it get to me, since it was all no longer my problem. While true, the issues there still irk me on a lot of levels.

So, today is my last week day of 'relaxation'. I start my new job on Monday. I have a few more items that I want to take care of today. Many are professional development items. Some are personal items (like getting my car's oil changed).

I didn't get as much professional development reading done as I would have liked. I really feel like I am not fully prepared for everything that I'll be responsible for at my new job. My fear is that they'll realize that they made a mistake and ask me to leave. I know its silly. It's a fear that I've had upon starting every job I've ever had. This is just the most challenging and exciting role I've ever taken on. I don't want to blow it, for both professional and financial reasons.

Just remember to breath. *sigh*

No comments: