- Changed my diet, and lost five pounds.
- Bought jeans that fit my improved form.
- Bought a present for my hair stylist for her upcoming nuptuals.
- Got my hair cut.
- Spontaneously visited a friend, and chatted with her for nearly two hours.
- Filed a year's worth of mail and paperwork that was cluttering up my dining room and office.
- Filled out a lengthy set of forms related to my new job.
- Generally, straightened my house up a bit (though it certainly needs much more).
- Took a long drive with my husband to scout out a potential town to retire to.
- Watched several movies with my husband.
- Watched lots of silly shows that I TiVo'ed.
- Rode the exercise bike for 30 minute every day, but one.
- Experienced a thermal bed massage.
- Attended a professional development webcast.
- Read for professional development and recreation.
While the above makes it seem like I've accomplished a great deal, it's not nearly what I had hoped to accomplish during the last nine days. However, I find myself experiencing a strange sensation for me. I think this is what it feels like to be relaxed.
Seven more days of this before I report for my new job. Maybe I can learn a bit from this experience, so that I can relax in small replenishing doses without having to resign from a job. (grin)