Monday, July 17, 2006

Side effect of detox diet

I have allergies. They don't bother me all the time. Some days are worse than others. However, this last week, I've been noticing that my eyes were becoming itchy later in the day, and I was sneezing more often than usual. Then, Saturday evening, I got really congested. It seemed more than just an allergic reaction. I felt like I was coming down with a cold.

Since being on the detox diet I have been avoiding any OTC meds unless they were really necessary (some Ibuprofen for my back pain, now and then). But, the congestion was bad enough Saturday night that I took some allergy meds before I went to bed, just in case it really was a bad allergic reaction.

I woke up Sunday morning to a relatively clear head, feeling quite well. I did some research, and detoxifying your system can definitely lead to allergic reactions as toxins leech from your tissues into your blood stream. Wow. Weird.

No comments: