Friday, July 28, 2006

Beginnings and endings

I have survived the first week at my new job. I am exhausted. I still feel like I have to prove myself. My boss wants me to do a ton of reading. Plus, I've been offering to jump in on a few of my office mate's projects since he's relatively new to the Unix/Linux world.

Midway through the week, I got word that my immediate supervisor at my last company had also resigned. His resignation made the sixth in a two week period, with mine being the first. I was very happy for him and very sad for those who remain.

I really need this weekend. It won't be as restful as I would like, but with good reason. My son is coming home tomorrow, after being away for four weeks with his grandparents. I know he had a great time, because we spoke to him nearly every evening. It's going to be tough for all three of us to get back into our old routines together.

I am glad that he was away while I worked through my job transition. But, it'll be good to have him around again. While it seems so cliche, they grow up so fast!

No comments: