Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Blog list silliness

OK. There are dozens upon dozens of these. I got this one from someone else's blog that I follow. She, in turn, got it from another blog. It's been quite a while since I've done one of these. But, I'm in the mood. So here goes. (Feel free to post your own replies in a comment as you are inclined. It will, OF COURSE, amuse and interest me verily if you do.)

1. What is your first name? Sorry. No can do.

2. Were you named after anyone? No. I have the same first initial to my name as both parents. My mom's first choice for a name paid homage to my dad's name. She quickly ditched this idea considering that they were no longer a couple by the time I was born.

3. Do you wish on stars? Not so much. I used to.

4. When did you last cry? It's been many months. Though I was close to it several times this week, including today.

5. Do you like your handwriting? Not really. If I work at it, I can come up with a decent product for short bursts of time.

6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Boiled ham.

7. What is your most embarrassing CD? Milli Vanilli. I feel like I should get rid of it, but I still like the first few songs on it, whoever really did them.

8. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Yes. But I wouldn't take what comes out of my mouth too seriously. I would just accept that I was trying to be genuine, and that my intentions were generally good.

9. Do you have a journal? In the last year, this has been it. I sometimes still put an actual pen to paper when I feel I need to be honest with myself, but do not think the world is ready for me to be honest with it.

10. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Am I breathing?

11. What are your nicknames? I'm not aware of any that anyone currently uses for me. I'm assuming that "That B*tch" doesn't count. :D

12. Would you bungee jump? Step away from the crack pipe.

13. Do you untie your shoes before you take them off? Until recently it wasn't an issue. I primarily wore slip ons. Sadly, they were falling apart. Now, I have tie-ups that really require that I do the right thing when putting them on and taking them off. Drat!

14. Do you think that you are strong? Emotionally, more than some, but not as strong as I'd like to be. Physically? Not nearly as much as I'd like to be.

15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Butter crunch (aka, butter brickle). It was my grandmother's favorite when I was a kid. I didn't used to like it. Then, she passed away. And somehow, it became my favorite.

16. Shoe size? Between an 8 and a 9, depending on how wide the shoe. I have WIDE feet. I often buy men's size 7 when I can find them, just to accommodate my wide feet.

17. Red or pink? Pink

18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? My uncharitable and judgemental nature.

19. What do you miss most? My best friend, Brian, since he moved to California.

20. What color pants/shoes are you wearing? Black pants. Grey-ish shoes.

21. What are you listening to right now? This VERY minute? Blonde Redhead.

22. Last thing you ate? Stir fried chicken breast and baby arugula salad.

23. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Burnt sienna or maybe Plum.

24. What is the weather like right now? Low sixites. Low humidity. Wonderful!

25. Last person you talked to on the phone? My son, when I was at work and he was home sick.

26. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Voice. I love a voice with unique character. Baritone is good. An accent or graveliness is good too.

27. Favorite drink? Apple martini.

28. Favorite sport? AHL hockey. Go Monarchs!

29. Hair color? Mouse brown.

30. Eye color? Green.

31. Do you wear contacts? No. But I rely on my reading glasses. Darn it!

32. Favorite food? Cheese, in all its forms. Though, we are at war. IBS.

33. Last movie you watched? Shattered with Gerard Butler.

34. Favorite day of the year? My favorite holiday is Halloween. I love Fall and the day is within a week of my b-day. I also really like warm rainy days spent at home, alone, in my lounge wear, watching movies.

35. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings. (It used to be scary movies, but life is stressful enough now.)

36. Winter or summer? New England summers. Mid-Atlantic winters.

37. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.

38. What is your favorite dessert? Authentic, hand-made, New York style cheese cake. But, unless my lactose intolerance is under control, I go with either a key lime or strawberry rhubarb pie.

39. What books are you reading? Second reading of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Also, my text book for school on the U.S. Health Care system. And, I'm about to start Slaughterhouse Five for my book group.

40. What's on your mouse pad? It's just black.

41. What did you watch on TV last night? The most recent episode of The 4400.

42. Favorite smells? Cinnamon rolls baking. Lavender.

43. Favorite sound? My young cat's trills as he runs through the house.

44. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Tough call. Rolling Stones, I guess.

45. What's the furthest you've been from your home? San Francisco.

46. Do you have a special talent? I have a clarity of memory that I have not seen in very many people. As I age, this is beginning to diminish, which terrifies me.

47. What is your ring tone? The Llama Llama Duck song. Really!

48. What do you sleep in? A really ugly cheap cotton knit comfortable night shirt.

No comments: