Saturday, September 29, 2007

Schnitzelfest

We drove up to Hillsborough, NH, this afternoon to experience their pre-Oktoberfest celebration: Schnitzelfest. There are several German restaurants in town that I think conspired to put this event on. There was a fair amount of knockwurst and bratwurst to be had. Sadly, by the time we got there they were all out of grilled schnitzel. We had some of the other two though. I had some sauerkraut and potato salad with mine. For dessert we had a plum torte and some apple streudel, with some wheat beer. I'd never had beer with dessert before. It wasn't bad.

Of course, it wouldn't have been an Oktoberfest-like event without the Um-pah band.

2 comments:

briwei said...

Were they in Lederhosen? And what did that feast do for your waistline? I'm back on the weight loss wagon, so I'm coming for you!

Kitten Herder said...

They were in Lederhosen! (And, let's just stay away from the discussion of my expanding waistline right now.)