Saturday, September 08, 2007

We like naps

The absolute best thing about weekends is that I can take a nap in the middle of the day. Today, I didn't even wait for lunch time. After we got back from the YMCA, I had an overly indulgent, carbohydrate laden, brunch. Then, I went back to bed for nearly three hours. As usual, I hadn't slept well the night before. However, I slept just great in the middle of the day.

Subtle message here: Perhaps she's really a vampire? Nah. Couldn't be. I am way too fond of garlic for that to be the case. Maybe there is a vampire somewhere in my family tree? (It would explain the nocturnal insomnia and the proclivity towards battiness.)

Then again, my insomnia isn't purely nocturnal. While I do enjoy a good nap during the day, I can't always fall asleep when presented with the opportunity (even when largely sleep-deprived and utterly exhausted). But sometimes, as the saying goes, the magic works. And, it is a beautiful thing.

Really. I had to have a very stern discussion with myself about not wasting my entire weekend asleep in order to claw my way out of the bed. I mean really, three hours of napping in the middle of the day? And, I could have gone for longer.

Then again, here it is, past eleven. I should be in bed right now. But, the lovely nap probably put a damper on my ability to fall asleep this evening.

However, since tomorrow is Sunday, I can continue this game anew then. I see another nap in my future after I get home from church. Hopefully, I won't let that one go on for three hours though.

No comments: