Thursday, September 20, 2007

Unstuck in geography

Currently, the church book group that I lead is reading Kurt Vonnegutt's "Slaughterhouse Five". The main character, Billy Pilgrim, is frequently 'unstuck' in time. Which means that he, at least mentally, jumps around from one part of his life to another.

In the last six months I have received at least four cold contacts from recruiters in the greater Washington, D.C., area claiming to have the perfect job for me. Each has been extremely anxious for me to contact them.

I have a friend in northern Virginia who decided to wash his hands of his employer. He'd been there nearly nine years after I had had enough of the same employer, where we met, go figure. He has been exploring his employment options. Hopefully, he has had at least as many cold contacts from his geographic region as I have. Who knows, maybe he's had half a dozen cold contacts from north of Boston.

So it goes.

No comments: