Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fall is falling



My pot of pansies is still struggling to hang on. However, in the background, you can see one of the large pots no longer really contains a tomato plant, and the other (to it's left) is about to give up on the cherry tomatoes.

I miss having a real yard with a garden sometimes. (Except of course for the impact on my chronic low back issues ... hee hee) However, right now I don't. A friend at work was whining about the amount of garden end-of-season work she was going to have to deal with in the next two weeks. For me, I just have to empty out a couple of planters.

All that being said, I really do like the Fall. I love the crisp, but not yet cold, air. I love the colors and the holidays (Halloween and Thanksgiving). I love the general feeling of preparing for Winter (though I really could just skip the entire 'Winter' thing all together).

A local moving company markets heavily to the snowbirds in our area, touting their 'express service to Florida'. While I can't really see myself as one of those elder residents of the Sunshine State, I think I can appreciate the urge to flee from New England for at least January through March. It bears considering.

No comments: