Friday, November 23, 2007

The holiday shopping season has officially begun

I refused to go near a major shopping establishment today. I was busy writing my paper, for one. Two, I get paid monthly, so I have 'budgeted' my holiday money to come out of the check I'll get on the 30th. I did go out to buy gas and lottery tickets this afternoon, mostly as a mental break from the paper.

Anyway, I order my son a magazine subscription tonight. He probably won't see the first issue until mid-January. However, the vendor promised a postcard by xmoose. So, I have officially purchased one gift as of Black Friday.

1 comment:

barbie2be said...

one of my roommates is a high school PE teacher. she only gets paid once per month as well.

i don't know how she does it. by the 19th of the month i would be eating top ramen and nothing else. but she loves it.