Sunday, November 11, 2007

Evanescence: kind of like Enya does metal

My step-brother, J, is a music distributor. He lives an enviable life working out of his home and occasionally traveling to Europe to put on shows and meet with bands, to potentially distribute their music in the U.S. J has been pretty good at not pushing his bands on me. However, I have been keeping an ear out for the types of music he deals with.

I just bought the current CD by Evanescence, and it totally rocks. While he doesn't distribute exclusively for Evanescence, he handles some bands that are very similar. If you like strong female lead singers, mixed with a wide variety of metal stylings, try his web site. They recently posted an interview with the lead singer, Amy Lee.

Now, I just have to figure out how to wrestle the Evanescence CD out of my husband's car and back into my purview.

1 comment:

barbie2be said...

you should give feist a try. i think you would like her. :)