Friday, November 09, 2007

And the results are finally in

Isn't medical science grand. It seems like they either catch something, too little too late, or get you all worked up for no good reason.

Back in September, my Gyn office freaked me out a bit by telling me that I had endometrial cells in my pap smear, and that I should have a histosonogram to rule out anything unusual. Even though there was a low percentage of negative outcomes in this scenario, I was a bit concerned.

For the last two months, I pretty much blocked the entire procedure from my mind. Thursday was finally THE day.

Let me just say this about the procedure: Totally uncomfortable (Really, you can't decide whether you want to urinate or deficate, or if you are having really bad cramps from your period). It's in every woman's favorite stirrup-based position. And, afterwards, you get to waddle to the bathroom with a giant diaper between your legs because you are leaking fluids like mad.

The end result? Nothing. Nada. Bupkiss.

Everything looks fine. But, at your age, we had to check.

At my age? OK. Now, I really want to crawl into a hole.

2 comments:

barbie2be said...

um... eiw.

when i went in for my annual in september, i asked the doc if there was anything (other than the pill) that we could do about the night sweats, because really... i did NOT sign up for the night sweats.

she told me to be a man and suck it up.

wait, what?

Summer said...

Thank goodness everything worked out. Scares like that are not fun or good for your mental state.