Thursday, July 17, 2008

Currently reading - update

A short while ago I posted mycurrent reading list. Well, I finished "The Holy Road" and "Odd Thomas". Both were excellent reads. I got Goblin to listen to "Odd Thomas" and now he's totally hooked and is trying to acquire the next three books in the series via ebay!

Sadly, my physical reading is now reserved for the "CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide". Intriguing, no? Over eleven hundred pages of riveting non-plot! But, it should help me in my pursuit of the CISSP certification (first attempt at the exam should be in late September).

Next up for my commuting pleasure: Terry Pratchett's "Wintersmith", one of the Discworld-lite novels. I haven't read any of the Discworld novels yet, only the Tiffany Aching series, which I adore. Maybe I'll take the plunge after this. Then again, I have another Pratchett in my queue, "Johnny and the Bomb". I read (listened to) the first two Johnny Maxwell books and thoroughly enjoyed them. I discovered Pratchett only in the last few years. Sadly, he's had some health issues. Hopefully, medical science will keep him healthy and productive for years to come.

P.S. This is actually my 501st post to this blog!!!

1 comment:

RaineS said...

you HAVEN'T READ DISCWORLD???!!!! read them all, right now. It is the perfect antidote to CISSP. Pratchett is funny, clever, and heavily satirical (in a good way). And if you aren't reading Naomi Novik's Temeraire series, go get 'em. You and the husband will both adore them.