Sunday, July 06, 2008

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

The following meme is from Barbie2Be


What would you do with a million dollars?
What would you do with 10,000 dollars?
What would you do with 1,000 dollars?
What would you do with 100 dollars?


A million dollars? Pay off various and sundry debts. Give 10% to my constantly struggling church. Quit my long-commute job and find something closer, that would probably be a LOT less lucrative.

Ten thousand dollars? Finish my basement.

A thousand dollars? I'd do a fabulous spa weekend with half of it, and put the rest in the bank for the inevitable car crisis that always seems to occur whenever I have a windfall.

A hundred dollars? Go out for a nice dinner and a little shopping.

3 comments:

RaineS said...

it's funny, because the answer for most americans should probably be the same for all the amounts (pay off debt, save the rest), but it isn't.
a $100 gets immediately blown [in our house we would split 3 ways and probably all buy iTunes)
a $1000 gets dumped in the bank, less one nice dinner, and gets slowly blown
$10,000 gets mostly spent on debt, with $1000 to get slowly blown
for a million, we have a huge party, we pay off ALL debt, donate some to charity, and stick the rest in the BANK to cover tuition and home repairs....

Do you think the answer would be different if you already had a million??

Anonymous said...

I initially read the question as, "What would you do *for* a million dollars," which was kind of interesting to consider, actually.

barbie2be said...

ah, but what would you do with all that money in the not me, me, me version???