Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dark Knight ... and previews

What a great effort! Heath Ledger did an awesome job, which makes me even more sad about his death. While I really enjoyed Jack Nicholson's portrayal of The Joker years ago, Ledger was in a league of his own. This is a must see grade "A" flick. (Note: It is a bit long, so be prepared. However, you will be grateful for every moment.)

One of the reasons I was looking forward to seeing The Dark Knight was for the previews of Terminator Salvation. I got goosebumps during the trailer. I'm really bummed that we have to wait until next summer for it. We also saw a preview for The Watchmen. Now, THAT looks fabulous too! Also not out until March 2009.

One thing that we did not see a preview for, but I found out about while poking around on the Internet Movie Database: Rendevous with Rama ... COOL!

Saw a poster for Twilight, based on the book of the same title, which is part of a very popular YA vampire series that I've been thinking of reading. Now, I definitely will have to read it before the movie comes out in the fall.

Still up for the summer: latest X-Files movie, Mummy 3, Death Race, Babylon A.D., and Bangkok Dangerous. I'd also like to see Henry Poole is Here, but since it's slated for limited release, it may not make it to NH. (Oh, and if I'm feeling like killing brain cells: Disaster Movie)

And, while it's way off, here are some fall movies that have my interest piqued: How to Lose Friends and Alienate People (stars Simon Pegg from Shaun of the Dead), RocknRolla (Guy Ritchie flick with Gerard Butler), Quantum of Solace (Bond!), Australia (Hugh Jackman), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, The Road (great book turned movie with Viggo Mortensen), Transporter 3, Punisher 2, The Day the Earth Stood Still (Keanu Reeves? interesting), Defiance (Daniel Craig in WW2), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Marley and Me (great book).

2 comments:

barbie2be said...

saw X-files last night. yay! don't want to give anything away but at one point in the movie my niece and i looked at each other and said, WHAT? when did that happen?

anyway..... transporter 3? yum! love me some jason statham! he makes me all quivery inside. can't wait until november 21 for HP 6!!!! i am also looking forward to the secret life of bees due out in october.

Julie said...

Jason Statham is also in Death Race, Barbie - just in case you didn't know!