Sunday, July 13, 2008

Job application fool

Things at work really aren't too bad since I got back from vacation. However, it could just be a lull in the insanity that I was noting the month or two before I went on vacation. Plus, I still really dislike the length of my commute.

So ... this morning I applied for three different jobs at an organization that would shorten my commute by about ten minutes (not significant, but it'd be a step in the right direction). Plus, the place is on several "best places to work" lists.

I also applied for a job with Fairpoint Communications, who are in the process of taking over landline communications in NH from Verizon.

If I get any nibbles from my applications, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Note: Goblin is also applying for jobs these days. Sadly, his 25-30 minute commute will probably have to more than double for him to change jobs. But, he really does need to move on from his current position for a boatload of reasons. He is going to see an actual career counselor next week. He's not constantly looking and applying for jobs like I am, so he could use the hand-holding.

No comments: