Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday is usually not my thing

I normally refuse to participate in the insanity-for-a-bargain that is Black Friday. However, right after this post appears I will be joining the mindless slobbering lemmings in my own personal quest for a bit of savings. The reason? My basement project.

A couple of days ago we realized that we could probably use a new bookcase with slightly smaller dimensions than any of the bookcases we currently have, to optimize the wall space in the new basement living space. Then, low and behold, I got an email from my favorite unfinished wood furniture store: The Mill Store. The email contained a number of great coupons, including a 40% off early bird coupon for Friday morning, good between 5 a.m. and 9 a.m.

Considering the amount of money that we've poured into the basement already, and the fact that Goblin is unemployed, I could use the break on the bookcase. (Really wish I could have gotten it on my desk, which I got 20% off on a few weeks ago. But, I'll take this one too.)

Our musical selection for this post is one of my favorite songs of all time. I definitely feel like one of the Ants Marching by joining this ridiculous tradition of rampant consumerism.

No comments: