Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

OK. Not so much. But, I like the song.

This morning started off quite strange. My son and I have the same model atomic alarm clock. Both of our clocks decided that Daylight Saving Time happened last night. A week early, but probably correct for DST prior to the ridiculous change in the laws regarding DST last year. I don't think we had this issue back in the spring. Then again, I really don't remember.

We realized that all the other clocks in the house, including the cable boxes, were still an hour later than our two lowly clocks. The atomic clock/indoor-outdoor thermometer clock in the kitchen was still right. How many clocks does one household need, any way? So, we realized that our two clocks must have been hard programmed with the old dates for changing the time.

I kept hoping that sometime today the stupid things would sync up with the atomic mother ship, and get things straight. No such luck. So, I manually changed them... clocks that are always supposed to know the correct time, even after the power goes out, because they talk to the atomic mother ship.

Fabulous. Maybe I should just keep some wind-up job and call it a day.

No comments: